Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 February 2013

38. We Had A Dream!

Ok...drum roll...the bookcase is finally in and finished. 
Actually that could be a premature call, the bookcase is in but the "cornice man" is here now as I type, doing the last finishing touches.

After a few false starts with extreme hot weather, broken vehicles and difficult to coordinate timetables...the bookcase was installed last week.



Craig inspecting the progress




Trying out the ladder!




Now for the actual books...I might be crazy but I liked it better empty, kind of defeats the purpose though!






Just the cornices to go :)



Carl from Executive Ceilings has finished the cornice, just in time for Craig to paint over the long weekend.
(With my broken hand I have been banned from climbing on ladders, chairs, tables...anything really!)

Ok, I am adding a post script to update..well an overdue update :)
The cornices were done but I forgot to take a picture, until Gary reminded me that he needed one for his webpage. OOPS
 (We have now got Gary drawing up plans for a TV cabinet and study/craft room furniture)


The finished product.


Gary added his logo..we love it!


4 comments:

  1. Wow guys - it looks SOOOO good! Amazing! It was really meant to be there. So perfect and so you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautuful thing. I have just bought a house where I want to have a whole wall of bookcases too. My brain is addled but I love bookcases with ladders. I have also moved to Perth from Surrey so maybe it is a sign! Is there anyway of saying how much it cost to have made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Erin,
    Thank you. I am sure that Gary Peakall...our cabinet maker from P'Que Timbercraft (see link on the right) would be more than happy to give you a quote etc. The price is quite variable as it depends on size, the sort of material you want and the paint finish. You also can consider the door profiles and mouldings etc. Anyway..chat to Gary and tell him Linda sent you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,

    I will contact Gary. We need something about the same size as yours. Your house is beautiful. Love the chairs.

    We have 2 teenage boys so all decor needs to be a compromise sadly. On the look for some really OTT furniture pices now - nice and traditional and ornate. Could be a challenge.

    Thanks for the info and enjoy living in a fully formed house without any packing boxes.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete